Some people will tell you that the belly is the hardest place to lose fat from. Others will say that it’s from the thighs and calves. The legs are an important part of your body, and are responsible for keeping you upright and mobile for years to come. Exercises that use eccentric and concentric muscle contractions have shown to be a major benefit for athletes and professional body builders, and now you can take advantage of these amazing techniques too. Strengthen your leg muscles by doing a few of these exercises every single day.
- Isometric Quad Squat: Possibly one of the easiest exercises on any list. The quad squat can be done virtually anywhere, including: the office, the restroom, and even in line at the grocery store. It’s as simple as squatting down and holding the position as long as possible. Then relaxing your leg muscles before you start again. Start by holding the pose for twenty seconds, and see if you can work your way up to a full minute.
- Isometric Lunge Squat Combo: Start with a squat, then you lunge with the right foot forward and hold the position. Next, lunge with the left foot forward and hold the position. With each lunge and squat hold the position for at least thirty seconds. You can even start by holding the pose for twenty-five seconds, and see if you can work your way up to a full minute.
- Isometric Straight Leg Hold: Another quick and easy exercise to get you on the path to strong and flexible legs. This one can be done at your desk, while watching TV, and even while you’re working. Start by extending your legs outward as you’re sitting comfortably in a chair. Hold the position, and then completely relax before going again. Start by holding the pose for twenty seconds, and see if you can work your way up to a full minute. You can even do these in sets. Try doing sets of ten for thirty seconds at a time. You’ll really feel the burn!
Once you’ve reached a certain age, maintaining mobility and flexibility in your legs can become a huge benefit. It can add balance and stability, and help fight off obesity and fat accumulation, and even help fend off hip and joint issues. If you are a modern athlete looking to trim down, into professional body building and looking for a way to add definition, or just trying to get rid a little bit of leg fat, try using these Isometric Exercises and allowing eccentric and concentric muscle contractions to help shape your legs into something you can be proud of.
- Your Mom Was Right; You are What You Eat
- Inaugural Post For Men Over 60 Health Info